Etta Dale Junior High is comprised of three buildings. The main building was constructed in 1937, Walter P. Marsh Memorial Building was added in 1957, and Lucus Memorial Hall was built in 1967.
Miss Etta Dale was a teacher and principal for El Reno Public Schools for 52 years (1892 – 1944). She was a truly great teacher who inspired thousands of young people by precept and example. As a member of the Oklahoma Hall of Fame and many honored societies, she was applauded by a grateful citizenship for her achievements. Her capacity of love and understanding sustained all who lived within her sphere of influence.
Walter P. Marsh served as principal of El Reno High School for 23 years (1935-1958). He is most fondly remembered by students as he lead the students in a yell called “The Sausage Grinder.”
1st Lt. John Leon Lucus was the first soldier who had been stationed at Fort Reno to give his life in World War II. He was also a member of the El Reno High School graduating class of 1938. This was the second hall to have been named after Lt. Lucus, the first being erected in 1944 at Fort Reno. When World War II ended and buildings at the fort were torn down, Lucus Hall was among them. The materials from the original building were given to the El Reno school system to be used in construction of the Lucus Memorial Hall that stands today.
All students are to be treated as independent learners and provided with differentiated instruction to meet their needs.
In a meaningful core curriculum that provides students with the skills and knowledge necessary for success in the 21st century.
In authentically engaging students in the best practices and teaching techniques that provide critical thinking and knowledge application.
in a caring, trusting, and safe environment where teachers support and assist students to be the best they can be.
In a partnership with parents and community members that provides structure for student learning and holds them accountable for their learning experience.